What I’m Doing Now
- Weddings. May is a busy month. I have officiated four weddings during the first six days of May, with seven more coming up this month, plus meeting with other couples who are prospective clients and designing ceremonies for them.
- Creating a Webmaster Handbook for Desert Overture and Desert City Jazz. A person has stepped up to take over being the webmaster for DesertOverture.org and DesertCityJazz.org, so I am documenting everything I know so that it can be passed on to him and to others who follow him.
I also need to document my duties as President of the board, since I will be leaving that role in June.
- Writing a grant application on behalf of Desert Overture for a City of Tempe Artistic Excellence grant.
- Concerts. Desert City Jazz just played to a full house on the Clarendon Hotel Sky Deck, and Desert Overture has a concert coming up on June 3.
What I’m Reading Now
Bird By Bird, by Anne Lamott. It’s subtitled, “Instructions on Writing and Life.” I’m just getting started, so it’s too soon to tell how good it’s going to be, but it’s promising so far.
What I’m Listening to Now
I bought two new releases recently that are both outstanding:
I do most of my listening while I’m driving. I have several artists in rotation. I will go through my entire collection of CDs by that artist, then move on to someone else.
Here are the artists in my current rotation:
- T-Square (Japanese fusion band)
- Randy Brecker
- Stan Getz
- Joao Donato (Brazilian pianist)
Last updated May 7, 2018 | This “Now” page was inspired by Derek Sivers.