What I’m Doing Now
- Enjoying a couple weeks of relaxing, unstructured days. During the first two weeks of December, I had a musical performance or rehearsal almost every day. I’m grateful for all of them, but I’m now enjoying not being on the go all the time.
- Finishing a re-design of RetireFabulously.com. A few weeks ago I decided that it was time to upgrade the “look and feel” of my retirement lifestyle website. I found a theme I liked that would provide almost all of the capabilities I wanted and a new email opt-in plug-in, so I’ve been implementing those and taking care of all the little details that go along with refreshing a website. A little of that has spilled over into improvements on this website.
- Thinking a lot about 2018. I am setting some new goals and some new habits into motion. I am going to cut down or cut out some things that have been part of my life in recent years. I will write about that soon.
- Creating a Webmaster Handbook for Desert Overture. A person has stepped up to take over being the webmaster for DesertOverture.org and DesertCityJazz.org, so I am documenting everything I know so that it can be passed on to him and to others who follow him.
What I’m Listening to Now
Christmas music! Every year from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day (or sometimes the weekend following that), I only play my Christmas CDs. I own about 150 of them, so I never get to all of them during a single year. But there are a few favorites that are must-hears:
- Michael Franks, Watching the Snow
- Rob McConnell & the Boss Brass: Big Band Christmas
- The Blenders: Nog, When it Snows, Most Wonderful Time
- Various Artists: Jazz to the World
- Various Artists: The GRP Christmas Collection, Vol. 1
- The Bobs: Too Many Santas
- Bob Rivers: Twisted Christmas (I made a disc with highlights from his five Twisted Christmas CDs)
- The Go-Go Boys: Homo for the Holidays (a naughty pleasure)
…and many more.
Last updated December 26, 2017 | This “Now” page was inspired by Derek Sivers.